Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Family budget friendly rustic vegetable soup

A recipe from me? why yes, yes it is, I had the urge to cook something today pretty much from scratch and actually use my new hand mixer I had bought from Target the other week and I gotta say I am in love with it!

This is my recipe for family friendly, easy peasy vegetable, rustic soup. These aren't exact measurements and you can pretty much tailor it to your own tastes, budget and family needs. It's not a pretty soup but its certainly yummy, budget friendly and also time friendly for when you are on the run because any left overs can be frozen and microwaved later.


So gather your ingredients

one packet of small pasta shells
one onion
I used green cauliflower but you could use any use as much as needed I used about a handful for myself
pack of heinz winter veggies (the ones with cauli, carrots, brocoli and green beans)
vegeta gourmet stock
1 can of tomatoes
1 ripe tomato
1 sweet potato
3 potatoes (I used the white washed type)
Soy sauce
salt and pepper
parsley

First chop up all the vegetables fine and evenly because we're using the hand mixer we can't have super chunky bits. ,Add everything into about a liter of water, add stock I used about three tspns but you can use it to how you like your soup to taste. Add a splash of soy sauce, add parsley, and salt and pepper.

Bring to boil and down to a rapid simmer after about 10 minutes of boiling, cook for an hour on the stove. In little batches or what your hand mixer allows mix everything up to a gloopey texture or kinda like baby food texture.

Serve with yummy bread and you are done!

This meal cost me approx $5 but I made it for two people, add and subtract anything you need to do to multiply it for you and your family.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment