Wednesday, October 20, 2010

wet felted lariat




I've been reasonably busy planning my Christmas ornament I'm making for my currently unknown partner. Felt alives needle felting forum is hosting a swap and its Christmas ornament themed. I'm making something relatively unisex but still something in a little my style and also something that they'll like as I like everyone in the group as I've seen all their work. There are at least 20 people in the swap and partners will be drawn on the 1st of November.

Anyways the long and the short of it I've been playing around and a needle broke, I was so sad because I had one this needle in Kay's felt alive blog give away, I do have the rest of the set of course but it just made me annoyed that this one broke and not one of my store bought ones. I did go and buy another set from her website, and I also splashed out on a new felting pad cause mine is starting to crumble even with the numerous layers of felt on it to try to lengthen its life.

But out of all of this I wet felted this lariat inspired from the book How we felt, I did make it smaller however and in my own true style I did it my way haha I don't embroider but I attempted adding beads in the center of the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment