Friday, December 10, 2010

Our furbabies and a felted Christmas stocking

We have a few new additions to our family ^_^ I have a family of ever growing furbabies and I love them all. This latest is a guinea pig, her name is oinkey and she is very beuatiful and very fat. We put her with our other two female guinea pigs, and she's loving it. Her friend passed away a few months ago and she's been feeling sad so no wonder she is loving the company.

This next photo is of Sinae, she's a white seal pointed guinea pig and is the oldest ofthe three. Sinae is very lucky as we got her when she was pregnant and she was older than six months and nearly died through giving birth. Supposedly guinea pigs if they haven't bred before six months old shouldn't be breed from. We don't breed our pets as we feel its a gift just to have these in our lives and they are happy with each others company.

Beaver is our third guinea pig, we called her beaver because of her coat color and texture she is the shyest out of the pigs and so was hiding in her little box. And yes there is a little bit of guinea pig poop lol

This is SpotSpot and its Snowy's daughter, she's a very pretty gray and white bun bun, she kept moving out of the shot so its a tad blurry haha
This is Snowy, Spotspots mother, they had to be put into different hutches because
in the end Snowy got tempermental but they still live side by side to give each other
company. Snowy was a lot whiter when she was a baby bunny.

Indy is the first every bunbun that we got, he was my one months aniversary gift from
my fiancee and we've been together for just over four years now. He's nicknamed the
magic bunny because his fur changes color depending on the season.

Now we have our little silverbeet patch, I say little because its only about a metre big in size we wanted to only be small because we're not really green thumbed but wanted to try something. It seems to be going well for our first try. Just that the snails do seem to peck at it whenever we turn our backs. Its also sorely in need of a good weed but alas there never seems to be enough time during the day.

This is our one and only tomato plant only planted a few days ago, we hope it grows bigand strong to give us ripe red tomatoes. I'm thinking of planting some herbs if this tomato bush goes well.

A kangaroo paw bush is a very pretty bush, we planted it a year or so ago and my fiancee even ran over it by mistake with the lawn mower and its still going strong! The Kangaroopaw is an Australian native.



There is always life and death in a garden, we have cicadas at the moment and I found
the shell of one under a tree by the rabbits cages. I decided to take a snap of it because they are beautiful in their own right. The magpies get a good feed of these.


Now this is my latest creation, I wet felted a panel of felt using silk, merino and other locks and didn't know what to do with it. I zigzagged stitched over it to give it strength and then today I finally created something with it and am rather proud of it. No patterns or anything like that just my own thoughts and creativity coming into play, I'm so glad I thought of what to do because now I can use my felting skills and still use my sewing machine so that makes me happy otherwise my poor sewing machine is just sitting there alll lonely.I needle felted the red trim onto it and that is merino roving. I used red polar fleece on the backing and sewed a string of yarn for the handle.




No comments:

Post a Comment